Sunday, May 4, 2014

Keep your windows clean

Yesterday I washed the windows in the kitchen. I was careful to make sure there were no streaks. I washed the screens as well. It looked like to me that I had done an acceptable job.  I showed my wife how clean they were.

This morning I came into the kitchen as the sun was shining directly through the window. I was horrified. All the windows were streaked. They didn't look as bad as they were before, but we're certainly unacceptable.  I thought this might be a good object lesson to post on my blog.

Using the light of the gospel to look at what we do in our lives, we can discern things that otherwise appear to be perfect.  We can see the dirty streaks in our life. We can see that we can improve. We can see the imperfections and resolve to clean our spiritual windows again and use the bright sunlight of the gospel to shine through and perfectly illuminate our souls and allow us to see through clearly and discern.

Be sure and clean your spiritual windows.

Love,

Grandpa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your posts. I am always uplifted when I read them. I appreciate the time you take to write them.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete