Thursday, June 1, 2023

Sin like illness is best treated early in its course

 Sin like illness is best treated early in its course


Today my daughter was visiting our neighbor. She has been coughing and complaining of pain and the cough was productive of colored mucus. This was accompanied by a sore throat.

It was 8:00 PM. I thought she had a bronchitis and needed an antibiotic. I had a sulfa based antibiotic on hand, but the neighbor was allergic to sulfa based drugs. All the drugstores in the area were closed for Memorial Day.

My daughters who live in the area did not have any antibiotics. Had we known a few hours earlier I could have been of help by phoning in a prescription. Now she will have to wait until tomorrow to get treatment.

She may get pneumonia by waiting too long to seek treatment.

The phrase at the beginning of this post was one that I used to quote to people to emphasize the need to repent early. If one does not, then the spiritual illness that accompanies sin may become more serious and lead to spiritual death.

So, my dear grandchildren repent early and often.

Love,

Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment