Wednesday, March 23, 2016

You write your own recommendation


I screen many missionary applications and accompanying each application is in an evaluation by the bishop and the stake president.
When I was stake president I wrote these same recommendations for missionaries from our stake.

Sometimes the bishop with the stake president does not know the applicant very well.  Thus the recommendation is not necessarily reflective of that individual and his performance.

When the priesthood officer does know the applicants well they usually write a glowing recommendation.

This got me to thinking that the actions and accomplishments of our life become our resume. Each day and every week of our life we are writing a resume, which we will present to the Lord on what is called the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

I heard explained this way, it will be a great day for some people and a dreadful day for others depending on what is written in the book of life. As I have written and one of my previous blogs, the scoreboard that we keep for the Lord is what we do here in this life.

My dear grandchildren make your resume a glowing report.

Love grandpa

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, very good advise.

    I fear my day will be dreadful, not that I'm necessarily wicked, but referring to your earlier post; making good use of time. I love the letters you share with your grandchildren; I'm sure they love them also.

    ReplyDelete