Monday, April 22, 2024

Baptisms

 

This morning Alice and I were talking about baptisms. Melissa‘s girls did some baptisms in the Mesa Temple yesterday and that got us on the subject.

I was baptized in the chapel in Cheyenne, Wyoming and the baptismal font was in the kitchen under a trap door. I was dressed in a white wool pair of pants and a white shirt. My father did the baptizing and the pants absorbed a lot of the water and it was really heavy
and hard to get out of the font.

My brother Martell was baptized in Denver by my father. 
 
The next summer, we got a ride from Denver to Paris, Idaho to visit my grandmother Stucki. In August of that year when Glendon was eight years of age, we went to the Logan Temple to do baptisms for the dead. At that time , if I remember correctly, I was baptized for 100 individuals.

Martell was also baptized for the dead, but Glendon had not yet been baptized and so he was baptized for himself in the Logan Temple, but did not do any proxy baptisms at that time. My father was not there.

Alice was baptized in Lake Mystic, but not by her father because he was not a member of the church at that time. We have pictures of her baptism and confirmation that her father took.

Her brother Glen was baptized in the chapel in Mariana where the baptismal font was underneath the stage. She was 15 at the time and stood outside the chapel and was not a witness to his baptism because no one told her about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment