Monday, April 1, 2024

Listen to the Lord

 

I had been a stake president for a few years and had no problem in knowing which person to call to any of the stake positions that became available. Then there came a time when I had a difficulty in knowing who to call. It did not come easily as it had in the first few years. One day the regional representative came to Lander to visit me. We talked about a number of things. I mentioned to him about my seeming lack of ability to receive inspiration.

He had no counsel for me. I suggested that perhaps I should be released as the stake president. Nothing happened. One day I was in what we called our celestial room and pondering. I heard a voice in my mind saying, "If you want to be like me, you are going to have to think like me."

I then realized that I had to do what the Lord would do if he were here, do my homework. I would need to consider the needs of the stake, learn to know the people and their strengths and experience. Then after I had made a decision I took it to The Lord for his approval.

 

“We shall never have the keys of authority committed to us to be rulers until we will rule just as God would rule if he were here himself. 14:97.”
Discourses of Brigham Young by John A. Widtsoe, Brigham Young

 

Learn to think like the Lord.

 

Love,

Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment