Friday, March 22, 2024

Transmitter receiver

 Transmitter, receiver

I have on my iPhone an app called Find My Friends. With it I can track the location of my children and those that allow me to follow them all over the world. If they turn off their phones I can no longer see where they are. If my phone is off then they can’t see where I am. Each phone is a transmitter and a receiver.

This is a little like our communication with our Father In Heaven. The Holy Ghost is like the internetm enabling two way communication with Heavenly Father.

To turn off the voice of the Holy Ghost we just need to stop our transmission of prayer and reading the scriptures. Our location transmission is always on. The Lord always knows where we are and what we are saying and thinking. We cannot hide from Him. That is how He cares for His children.

In order to receive transmission from our Father we have to tune in to the proper frequency. When I was growing up we had a radio with a dial we could turn to listen to different broadcast stations

One of the messages on one station said, "Don’t touch that dial. Listen to Blondie”. They wanted us to stay on that frequency. Sometimes there was a loud noise that made it difficult to hear. We called that static.

By transgressing the Lord’s commandments we introduce static in the reception from the Holy Ghost and so we try to change the channel and lose the message from God and listen to worldly voices.

The more we pray and prepare for inspiration by immersing ourselves in the word of God to recognize His voice the clearer the transmission will be and clear up the static. 

 

It takes effort on our part. There is no free lunch.  If we do not exercise that energy, we will not be able to hear the voice of the spirit and get direction for our life..

 

Tune in to the proper channel.

Love,

Grandpa



No comments:

Post a Comment